HyperSmash Hues N Blues: Makeup Experiment with Sugarpill

Search This Blog

Saturday 13 August 2011

Makeup Experiment with Sugarpill

So I wanted to mess about with makeup last night, whilst looking at some pictures of the makeup Pat McGrath did for a John Galliano show. Here's what I came up with:






I think it turned out a bit like Edward Scissorhands meets the 1920s. Wish I could cover my eyebrows but it seemed a bit too much hassle. I'm quite pleased with how this experiment turned out though, let me know if it's something you want to see more of.

Here's what I used:

Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Sugarpill Tako (white) - all over face and eyelids
Sugarpill Dollipop (bright pink)
Sugarpill Poison Plum (purple)
GOSH Effects Powder in Steel (silver, used wet)
The Body Shop Cheek Colour in Heather Pink
La Senza Shimmer and Shine - wish I didn't use this, looks glitter-tastic
Sleek Pout Paints - Port mixed with Peek-a-Bloo
Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil in Hazel

Hope you like it!

8 comments:

  1. I love it! I bet it would look amazing with the eyebrows properly covered. I might have to do something similar :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! You nailed the colours and eye shape. I loved this look when it came out, the mu for Galliano was always really good. Covering brows is a bit of a pain in the bum, but not actually that hard (or hard to get off after either if you use pritt stick!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls! Think I will have a go at eyebrow covering soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't even articulate how awesome this is *__________________* LOVE. And I really like the Edward Scissorhands-ness of it all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could tell just from the thumbnail this was going to be a really cool look! Adding this to my inspiration folder!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome!!! I adore creative looks like this. The shape of the eyeshadow is just awesome. I would love to see more stuff like this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh! I love this look, it's so cool how you placed the purple eyeshadow. Got to try it myself! I've been looking at Sugarpills eyeshadows for a while and now I just have to order some!

    ReplyDelete